About Natasa Brouwer
Affiliation: Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I am a senior consultant in university science teaching, specialized in ICT in teaching and learning. I am the coordinator of the ICT and teaching innovation at the Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam (ICTO-FNWI Programmaraad, ICTO-FNWI blog) and the coordinator of University Teaching qualification programme at this faculty (Dutch BKO). I am an active member of the European Chemistry Thematic Network (ECTN) working groups and consultant at Amsterdam EChemTest center.
Relevant publications about university teaching and learning
- Oral presentation: Brouwer, N., Byers, B., Maciejowska, I., Smith, A. (2015), An On-line Platform for Sharing Expertise and Good Practice in University Chemistry Teaching, 6th Eurovariety in Chemistry Education, pp 31-32, Tartu, June 30 - July 2 2015. Download extended abstract. Download presentation.
- Article: Brouwer, N., Byers, B., Maciejowska, I. (2014): A Platform for sharing Expertise in University Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Teaching, Special Edition Virtual Education Community, EC2E2N NewsLetter 2014, 15(5), ISSN, 2309-5911, pp. 1-6. Download article.
- Book: Brouwer, N., Dekker, P.J., van der Pol, J. (2013), e-Learning Cookbook. TPACK
in Professional Development in Higher Education
, SURF, ISBN 978 90 8964 646 0,
e-ISBN 978 90 4852 312 2.
- Book chapter: Brouwer, N. & McDonnell, C. (2009). Online Support and Online Assessment
for Teaching and Learning Chemistry
. In Eilks, I. & Byers, B. (Eds.),
Innovative Methods iof Teaching and Learning Chemistry in Higher Education (pp.
123-152) Cambridge UK: RSC Publishing. Free download at:
- Paper: Koopman, L., Brouwer, N., Heck, A., Buma, W.-J. (2008). Remedial Mathematics for Quantum Chemistry, J. Chem. Educ. 85 (9), pp. 1233-1236.
- Paper: Rienties, B., Brouwer, N., Bohle Carbonell, K., Townsend, D., Rozendal
A.-P., Van der Loo, J., Dekker, P., Lygo-Baker, S. (2013) Onine training of
TPACK skills of highe education scholars: a cross-institutional impact study,
European Journal of Teacher Education, http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02619768.2013.801073
- Paper: Rienties, B, Brouwer, N. Lygo-Baker, S. (2013) The effects of online
professional development on higher education teachers' beliefs and intentions
towards learning facilitation and technology,
Teaching and Teacher
See more on the N.Brouwer homepage (visit website).
3.0 BY SA applies to all content on Starfish.