About Mustafa Sözbilir
Affiliation: Atatürk University, Turkey
I am a professor of chemistry education. My research interests include teacher training, curriculum evaluation, how students’ learn in science/chemistry, concept learning and teaching in science, context, problem-based teaching, teaching sience/chemistry to visually impaired students and undergraduates’ understandings of chemical ideas in thermodynamics and students’ misconceptions.
I am interested in how to teach science/chemistry effectively to visually impaired students.
Relevant publications about university teaching and learning
- Sozbilir, M., Kutu, H., & Yasar, M.D. (2012). Science education research in Turkey: A content analysis of selected features of papers published. In D. Jorde & J. Dillon (Eds). Science Education Research and Practice in Europe: Retrospective and Prospective (pp.341-374). Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.
- Bahçekapılı, E., Bahçekapılı, T., Fiş Erümit, S., Göktaş, Y. & Sözbilir, M. (2013). The factors affecting definition of research problems in educational technology researches. Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice, 13(4), 2317-2335. DOI: 10.12738/estp.2013.4.1684.
- Cinici, A., Sozbilir, M., & Demir, Y. (2011). Effect of cooperative and individual learning activities on students’ understanding of diffusion and osmosis. Egitim Arastirmalari-Eurasian Journal of Educational Research, 43, 19-36.
- Sözbilir, M., Pınarbaşı, T., & Canpolat, N. (2010). Prospective chemistry teachers’ conceptions of chemical thermodynamics and kinetics. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science & Technology Education, 6(2), 111-122. Online [http://www.ejmste.com ].
- Pinarbasi, T., Sozbilir, M., & Canpolat, N. (2009). Prospective chemistry teachers' misconceptions about colligative properties: boiling point elevation and freezing point depression. Chemistry Education Research and Practice, 10(4), 273-280. Online [http://www.rsc.org/cerp ].
3.0 BY SA applies to all content on Starfish.