About Teresa Celestino
Affiliation: University of Camerino, Italy
I graduated in Chemistry at the University of Trieste, where I spent some years as researcher in Area Science Park. At the “Ca’ Foscari” University of Venice I took my teacher’s diploma exams, then I further specialized in "Intercultural and Environmental Management of Schools", a post-graduate course co-funded by the European Commission as part of the Lifelong Learning Programme. Nowadays I'm a secondary school chemistry teacher holding a PhD in chemical education from the University of Camerino. My main research areas are: the relation between chemistry and sustainable development, with particular regard to ethical issues; the use of history and philosophy of chemistry for teaching purposes. Since 2006 I've constantly been writing about science education as blogger. I was selected amongst the first 30 out of 200 European teachers for the EIROforum Teachers’ School 2011, Physics and chemistry of life (Grenoble, European Photon and Neutron Science Campus). I was appointed as examiner for chemistry (higher level, paper 3 and extended essay) by the International Baccalaureate Organization. I'm in the list of experts for the European Chemistry Thematic Network (ECTN) for the Eurolabel certification to the Bachelor's degree, Master's degree and PhD courses in the chemical field.
=> Download Theresa Celestino CV and the list of her references
Relevant publications about teaching and learning
T. Celestino: Le soluzioni della chimica - Quinto anno. Pearson (2012), p. 136, ISBN: 9788863644432.
- T. Celestino: Le soluzioni della chimica - Secondo biennio. Pearson (2012), p. 336, ISBN: 9788863644425.
- T. Celestino: Le soluzioni della chimica - Primo biennio. Pearson (2011), p. 192, ISBN: 9788863641400.
- T. Celestino, F. Marchetti: The Chemistry of Cat Litter: Activities for
High School Students to Evaluate Commercial Product’s Properties and
Claims Using the Tools of Chemistry. Journal of
Chemical Education (2015). Vol. 92 (8), p. 1359–-1363. DOI:
- T. Celestino, M. Piumetti: Developing Global Competences by Extended Chemistry Concept Maps. School Science Review (2015).
Issue 357, p. 114-121.
- M. Piumetti, T. Celestino: Study on chemistry learning and its assessment. La Chimica nella Scuola (2014). Vol. 2, p. 63-72. DOI: 10.4399/97888548708267.
- T. Celestino: A Citation for Chemical Breakthrough Award to an Italian High School, the Scientific Liceo "Amedeo Avogadro" of Vercelli, for Avogadro's 1811 Paper. Bulletin for the History of Chemistry (2013). Vol. 38/1, p. 1-3.
- T. Celestino: The ethics of green chemistry teaching. Education in Chemistry (2013). Vol. 50/3, p. 24-25. 4/6
- T. Celestino: Chimica Etica. Linx Magazine (2011). Issue 8, p. 38-42.
- T. Celestino: Il Green Public Procurement nella scuola. Il Chimico Italiano (2011). Vol. 1, p. 13 - 16.
- T. Celestino: Chimica: un approccio storico. Linx Magazine (2009). Issue 2, p. 26-29.
Abstracts and Conference Proceedings
T. Celestino, F. Marchetti: Global Competences in Chemical Education by Systems Approach. Proceedings of the 9th International Technology, Education and Development Conference held in Madrid (2015), p. 1635-1642, IATED Academy. ISBN: 978-84-606-5763-7- 978-84-606-5763-7.
- T. Celestino, F. Marchetti: Global Competences and Philosophical
Implications in Chemical Education. XXV Italian Society of Chemistry
National Congress Abstracts Book (2014), p. 970, University of Calabria.
- T. Celestino: Ethical Issues in Chemical Education. Evaluating
Daily Life Products. International Conference in Science Education
proceedings (2014), p. 41-45, Libreriauniversitaria.it, Padova. ISBN:
- T. Celestino: Sustainable Development in Chemical education.
ICCE-22nd International Conference on Chemical Education/ECRICE-11th
European Conference on Research In Chemical Education Abstracts Book
(2012), p. 395, University “La Sapienza” of Rome.
- T. Celestino: La storia della chimica nella didattica: alcune
proposte. VI National Conference on Chemistry Education Proceedings
(2008), p. 8-11, University "A. Moro" of Bari.
- T. Celestino: Green Public Procurement, Chimica ed Etica. Intercultural and Environmental Management of Schools 3 EMI – Compendium of the didactic project works (2010), Ed. by E. Elamé, p. 59-67, University Ca’ Foscari, Venice.
- T. Celestino, F. Marchetti: A Consumer Chemistry Case Study to Promote Inquiry-Based Learning. PROFILES (Professional Reflection Oriented Focus on Inquiry-based Learing and Education through Science) – Exemplary Practices for Meaningful Teaching and Learning (2015), Ed. by L. Cardellini, Università Politecnica delle Marche. ISBN: 978-88-87548-05-1. Provisional edition.
- T. Celestino, F. Marchetti: Ethical issues in chemical education. Evaluating daily life products. Seminar “Ricerca in Science Education”, University of Camerino, 16/01/2014.
- T. Celestino: Sustainable chemistry in education. Seminar “Ricerca in Science Education”, University of Camerino, 16/01/2014.
- T. Celestino: Sustainable Development in Chemical education. ICCE-22nd International Conference on Chemical Education/ECRICE-11th European Conference on Research In Chemical Education, University “La Sapienza” of Rome, 15-20/07/2012.
3.0 BY SA applies to all content on Starfish.