About Paul Yates
Affiliation: The Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom
I have particular expertise in the training of chemistry lecturers, particularly those who are new to the role. My teaching interests are in the area of physical chemistry and in the provision of mathematics support to students.
=> Download Paul Yates CV and his publications
Relevant publications about university teaching and learning
- Chemical Calculations, Blackie Academic and Professional, London, 1997 (second edition published by Taylor and Francis, April 2007)
- Chemical Calculations at a Glance, Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, 2005 (Japanese translation published by Tokyo Kagaku Dozin Co Ltd
- Skills in Mathematics and Statistics in Chemistry and Tackling Transition, Higher Education Academy STEM project series, 2014 (with D E Shallcross)
- Training Programmes for Newly Appointed University Chemistry Teaching Staff (with I Maciejowska) in I Eilks and B Byers (eds.), Innovative Methods of Teaching and Learning Chemistry in Higher Education, pp. 229-255, RSC Publishing, 2009.
- New strategies for teaching maths to chemistry students, Anal Bioanal Chem, 404, 2787-2792, 2012.
3.0 BY SA applies to all content on Starfish.