About Ray Wallace
Affiliation: CVAS, United Kingdom
Ray Wallace is an independent consultant specialising in employability and university education issues. He is a Chartered Scientist, Chemist & European Chemist. Formally Professional Placements Manager in the School of Science & Technology at Nottingham Trent University, UK, Ray has over 25 years’ experience in placing university science students in industry, commerce and research both in the UK and overseas as part of their degree programmes. Ray has interests in promoting people & transferable skills and engaging people in learning through non- and less traditional means.
=> Download Ray Wallace CV and the list of his publications
Relevant publications about university teaching and learning
- J. C. Ogunde, A. J. Rest, and R.G. Wallace, (2014) Workshop on Unlocking the Potential for Low-Cost Teaching in Third World Countries, In Chemistry: The Key to our Sustainable Future, Ed M. G. Bhowon, S. Jhaumeer-Laulloo, H.L.K. Wah, and P. Ramasami, Springer Netherlands, 237, ISBN: 978-94-007-7388-2 http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-94-007-7389-9_17
- R. Wallace, R. Murray and T. Overton, (2009) Effective Practice in Industrial Work Placement, A Physical Sciences Practice Guide, The Higher Education Academy Physical Sciences Centre, October 2009, ISBN 978-1-903815-26-7 http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/assets/ps/documents/practice_guides/practice_guides/effective_practice_in_industrial_work_placement.pdf
- K. Adams, L. Gros and R. Wallace, (2009) Learning from Industry and Employment, In Innovative Methods of Teaching and Learning Chemistry in Higher Education, Ed I. Eilks and W. Byers, RSC Publishing, 2009, 191.
- R.G. Wallace, (2002) A Sandwich Year Can Seriously Damage Your Chances of Obtaining a Poor Degree! Proceedings of the ASET European Conference, Integrating Work and Learning in Europe, Cambridge (ISBN 095422311X) 70.
- R.G. Wallace, (2000) How do Chemistry Students Revise?, Education in Chemistry, 37, 160.
3.0 BY SA applies to all content on Starfish.